FCI – Aerospace Flow, Level, Temperature & Pressure Sensors
Fluid Components International
FCI Aerospace provides flow, level, temperature and pressure instrumentation to the commercial and military aircraft, space, vehicle and marine industries throughout the World. Our products consist of sensor elements, switches and transmitters for all applications including critical flight worthy and qualified requirements.
FCI provides flow switches that utilize a no moving parts thermowell mounted sensing element with either integral or remote electronics, that indicate flow rate above or below a predetermined set point at the sensing location. The flow element is directly installed into piping or ducting on commercial and military aircraft, spacecraft, vehicles and marine applications.
Liquid Level Sensors
The AS-LLE liquid level element utilizes single or multiple RTDs mounted in thermowells for direct installation into tanks, reservoirs, sumps and gearboxes on commercial and military aircraft, spacecraft, vehicles and marine applications. This sensor is also available as single point and multipoint liquid level and interface elements that connect to FCI or customer provided electronics to indicate presence or absence of liquid level or interface at the sensing point(s).
FCI provides temperature elements mounted in thermowells for direct installation into piping and ducting on commercial and military aircraft, spacecraft, vehicles and marine applications. These elements are available as Resistance Temperature Detector (RTD) that provides a linear change in resistance that is directly proportional to temperature changes in the liquid or gas process. The base resistance (Ro) is available in a wide range of values (30 to 1000 ohms at 0°C). The resistance response to temperature change is available in a number of different “alphas” including MIL-T-7990 and other specifications. FCI can also provide thermistor and thermocouple elements for requirements specified by the customer.
FCI provides pressure switches that include a hermetically sealed sensing element and integral or remote electronics that provide indication of pressure above or below a predetermined threshold at the sensing location. The pressure element is directly installed into pipes, ducts, tanks, reservoirs, sumps and gearboxes on commercial and military aircraft, spacecraft, vehicles and marine applications. It can be specified to indicate absolute, gauge or differential pressure values as required for the customers application
Why Choose FCI?
- Single supplier for Flow, Temperature, Level and Pressure
- Suite of pre-qualified COTS sensors, highly reliable, robust with Thermal Dispersion technology and no moving parts. Average MTBF is excess of 100K hours
- World class NIST traceable, certified calibration lab to simulate flight of vehicle conditions and installations
- Application focused flexibility, Custom, standard and build to specification sensors
- Technical excellence, Engineering Services for design collaboration, in house and field testing, modeling & calibration
- 25+ years as a qualified supplier to all Aerospace Primes and System Providers
- ISO 9001:2010 AS9100C certified, ITAR compliant
- Hydraulic Systems
- Gearbox Oil Sensing
- Coolant Systems, PAO, Air…
- Fuel Systems – Fuel Transfer, Inerting System
- Inflight and Ground-based Refueling Systems
- Air Management Systems
- Potable & Grey Water Systems
- Engine Level and Temperature Sensors
- Flight Test Sensors